Friday 16 August 2013

Master Bedroom

The master bedroom was painted green (where wasn't painted green?!) and had another smelly carpet. The ceiling had polystyrene tiles, which Neil removed as, as well as being ugly, they are a fire risk.


The walls were painted Dulux Dusted Fondant 'A dusky violet which creates a sense of delicacy and refinement.'


My inspiration for the room came from our recent stay at Gleneagles, where I fell in love with one of the bedrooms. Painted a beautiful dusky purple, with white furniture, bold white photo frames above the bed and a darker purple armchair, the room felt calming and homely. 


My sister came over for a few days during the school holidays and helped to paint the walls. We still need to put skirting board on, replaster the ceiling and pick the flooring before we furnish it. We're not quite to Gleneagle standards yet!






I have purchased the curtains for the room, but they havnt been put up yet as I am having a nightmare with the curtain poles. I bought 3 curtain poles from Dunelm Mill, they were going to be fitted when we got our blinds done, but only one out of 3 of the poles had the correct screws with it. I returned to Dunelm Mill, who gave me more screws. Unfortunately, I still dont have enough! 

The curtains are Meadow Print Mauve eyelet from Tesco £35. 




No comments:

Post a Comment